Bream Cooked in White Wine
2 fillets of bream per person
1/2 bottle dry white wine
! slice of well-flavored cheese per bream fillet
salt and pepper to taste.
- Ensure that the bream are mud free by soaking in water and lemon juice
or vinegar - changing the water until it runs clean.
- Dry fillets and place in melted butter over a low heat - cook through
- Dust with salt and pepper and cover with cheese slices
- Grill under a hot grill until cheese is melted and starts to brown
- serve with the pan juices
Stuffed Impala Fillet
1 Impala fillet
1 punnet mushrooms - finely chopped
1 onion finely chopped
2 tsp. thyme
1 cup breadcrumbs - fresh
white wine for cooking
Guava jelly, cream and herbs for the sauce
J juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cook onions and mushrooms in butter until soft - add crumbed thyme,
lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and the breadcrumbs - mix well
- Split the fillet down the center and put the stuffing on the lower
half - fold the upper half over and secure.
- Place in a Pyrex dish with about 1/2 bottle of dry white wine. Bake
in a medium oven until done - about 20-min a pound.
- Make sauce with the pan juices, guava jelly, herbs and cream to taste.
- Serve with noodles and green salad.
Yogurt Ice Cream
1 large container flavored yogurt
1 tin condenced milk
250 ml fresh cream whipped until stiff
additional flavoring or chocolate bits, nuts, cherries etc of your choice
- Add condensed milk and yogurt to the whipped cream - fold in the flavoring
or additions as required and place in a freezer container - freeze until
ready - about 3 hours - no need to stir and keeps for up to three months